The BDC warns against the following Financial Dealers after receiving complaints (updated as of 15 February, 2017):
- Apex Trading Group
- Capital One Forex
- FX Clearing Group Inc
- FX Grant
- Sisma Capital
DUBAI, UAE – BDC recommends extreme caution with dealing with Exential Group in the United Arab Emirates. Several hundred investors worldwide, primarily in Dubai, report not being able to access funds in their Managed FX Accounts. Several agencies, brokerages, and media websites have also confirmed these infractions. (Violation of Code Chapter 7.5, Ponzi Scheme-style Fraud).
*Please note the BDC is not responsible for the content on the above links.
File a Complaint to Broker Dealer Compliance
Within a period of 60 days of any incidents a client may file a complaint with our firm to request resolution. Please note the client must have proof that they have first tried to resolve an incident with the firm in question.
- Member has 5 days to acknowledge the client complaint was received and 14 days to answer the complaint through the Member’s Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR) procedure.
- Client can file a complaint to The BDC only if he is not satisfied with Member’s decision or decision wasn’t made within 14 days.
- Broker Dealer Compliance Begins Certification of Trading Platforms
- How will certifying platform technology help make a difference?
- How will this benefit Broker Dealer Compliance Members and their clients?
- Why is certification important for the future of Trading Platforms?